How Color Affects Us: Blue Solar Water And Cobalt

I recently heard on a podcast that David Weiss had sort of a ritual when it comes to his water. He said that he “treats” his water by putting it in a blue glass bottle and letting it sit in the sun for a few hours before drinking it.

So I set out to discover everything I possibly could about it, to determine whether I should start this practice.

I’ve seen many different types of blue glass bottles for this purpose, a lot of them claim that you need to use a blue cobalt bottle.

Cobalt-based blue pigments (cobalt blue) have been used since ancient times for jewelry and paints, and to impart a distinctive blue tint to glass.

Cobalt is the active center of a group of coenzymes called cobalamins. Vitamin B12, the best-known example of the type, is an essential vitamin for all animals. Cobalt in inorganic form is also a micronutrient for bacteria, algae, and fungi. - Wikipedia

So this right here says that it is a micronutrient for a few different types of living things. From this I logically concluded that humans need it too, but of course it wouldn’t say that on Wikipedia, of course that’s because Wikipedia is an “official approved” source.

Yeah fucking right.

Cobalt is a necessary supplement for healthy development. It is also the name for a striking blue colour! Cobalt is an element that is classed as a metal. It is a required component of Vitamin B12. It has also recently been identified as an integral part of blood cell production. - herbwisdom.com

Of course there hasn’t even been a Recommended Daily Value established for cobalt and based on the research I’ve done the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) is somewhere between 10 - 20mg, even though the estimated intake of cobalt worldwide is 5 - 40mg according to Acu-Cell nutrition.

Knowing what I know about Iodine and how the Recommended Daily Value is MULTITUDES lower than is required for a human, I can assure you that we definitely should be ingesting much more.

“In the eyes of regulatory agencies, dietary requirements for cobalt are considered to be determined by dietary requirements for vitamin B12.”​

Right here they are saying that their recommended daily values for B12 include cobalt. So if you are getting enough B12 then according to them, you are getting enough cobalt.

"B12, also known as cobalamin (reflecting it’s cobalt fraction) is needed for blood cell formation, for healthy brain and nervous system function, as well as in DNA synthesis, fatty acid synthesis and energy metabolism. It is generally assumed that if you get enough B12 you are getting enough cobalt. However, Drs Glade and Meguid argue that the mineral may play important biological roles “independent of and in addition to its sequestration within vitamin B12 molecules.”​

This is pretty strange because according to the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), which is a division of the World Health Organization (WHO) has labled Cobalt as “possibly carcinogenic.”

Although two doctors have recently began to question their decision and the importance of cobalt in the system.

"The human health-supporting properties of dietary cobalt are underappreciated” ​

According to Dr Michael Glade and Dr Michael Meguid The IARC jumped to this carcinogenic conclusion

“Based on extreme intakes in animal experiments"

And that there was

“no evidence of human carcinogenicity of cobalt and cobalt compounds.”

Citing studies from as far back as the 1960s they highlight details which suggest that small amounts of cobalt has the potential to stimulate antioxidant defenses in humans as well as decrease inflammation.

So with all of this it should be realized that we should all be getting cobalt in our diet through our food.

That would be entirely possible if everyone were eating truly “organic” foods but even so called organic food that you can buy at your local Walmart isn’t as organic as most people are led to believe.

Enter Blue Solar Water, And Other Colors Too!

I haven’t been able to find any evidence that the Cobalt from these bottles is actually absorbed into the water, although I feel pretty confident saying at the very least, that the color of the bottle is the important part.

I was able to find a study where bottles were wrapped in different colored cellophane, set out in the sun and then analyzed for changes. They used violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange and red, all labled with an E in front of the colors, for example “E-blue” in the study.

It is postulated that photochemically-induced energy transfers, associated with individual spectral emission of visible spectrum of solar light, exert diverse influences on biological systems. Bottles of distilled water, individually wrapped in spectral-colored cellophane were exposed to sunlight and compared to an unwrapped bottle to determine chemical and physical changes as well as modifications of biological properties. - NCBI Water Study

Furthermore, testing the effect on human lymphocyte proliferation, mosquito larvae hatching and seed germination determined the functional role of solar radiation through specific spectrum/s of visible light on various biological processes. We found that water exposed to visible spectral emissions of sunlight had an altered elemental composition, electrical conductance, osmolarity and salt-solubility, as well as differences in bio-modulatory effects. - NCBI Water Study

This proves to me that not only do these different colors completely change the properties of water, but also that this is not simply limited to water in a particular colored bottle. Remember that humans are supposedly 60% water, and our brains and heart around 73% water.

I think it is safe to say that these changes are happening in our bodies constantly, if these things have been shown on a scientific level to affect water in a bottle, then why shouldn’t we be using this information to our advantage?

Armed with this information, I will definitely be drinking Blue Solar Water on a regular basis.
I think I will even start experimenting with wearing different colored clothing in the sun in order to change the water that is already in my body. What could it possibly hurt?

If the cobalt from these cobalt glass bottles does really leech into the water while out in the sun, that is just another added benefit!

Here’s the conclusion of the study quoted above if your interested.

In conclusion, in this paper we have shown that: 1) exposure of water to specific solar spectrum for a period of 40 days alter a) boron concentration, b) Δ H of solubilization with sodium bicarbonate, c) E-indigo induced five-fold greater conductivity in the water when compared to the effect of E-red, d) osmolarity, e) T cell proliferation by total suppression of mitogen stimulated T cell proliferation by E-blue, f) mosquito larva hatching abolished by E-blue but not other E-waters, and g) germination with E-orange giving the maximal elongation of bean roots. Additionally, our results (Figure 5A and ​andB)B) suggest for a unique phenomenon of osmolarity change without involvement of the concentration of the solutes present in the water. This is the first study to show that the penetration of sunlight through specific colored cellophane wrapped bottles changes chemical, physical and biological properties of water. - NCBI Water Study

2 Likes

whoa! pretty cool.its amazing not what we know but what we actually dont🐱‍👤

1 Like

very cool. I’m ordering some cobalt glass bottles today. This realm is a wonderful thing.

1 Like

I will be soon too, for now I’ve just been using quart sized Mason jars and leaving them sitting on my windowsill, this also gives the added benefit to having a little tiny bit more water just in case society does completely crash.

I feel like I could make 1 quart last me a day as long as I’m not tracking a deer through the woods or something

© Copyright 2020 ParentOfSociety, Inc. All rights reserved.