Masks Study: Impair Quality Of Life + More

Just wanted to compile as much data as I can regarding the efficacy and safety regarding these muzzles, I mean masks that every sheep is so willingly strapping on their faces.

Just came across this study earlier, so I’m mirroring here in case it gets taken down from the following location.

Fikenzer2020_Article_EffectsOfSurgicalAndFFP2N95Fac.pdf (1.1 MB)

Effects of surgical and FFP2/N95 face masks on cardiopulmonary exercise capacity

Abstract

Background

Due to the SARS-CoV2 pandemic, medical face masks are widely recommended for a large number of individuals and long durations. The effect of wearing a surgical and a FFP2/N95 face mask on cardiopulmonary exercise capacity has not been systematically reported.

Methods

This prospective cross-over study quantitated the effects of wearing no mask (nm), a surgical mask (sm) and a FFP2/N95 mask (ffpm) in 12 healthy males (age 38.1 ± 6.2 years, BMI 24.5 ± 2.0 kg/m2). The 36 tests were performed in randomized order. The cardiopulmonary and metabolic responses were monitored by ergo-spirometry and impedance cardiography. Ten domains of comfort/discomfort of wearing a mask were assessed by questionnaire.

Results

The pulmonary function parameters were significantly lower with mask (forced expiratory volume: 5.6 ± 1.0 vs 5.3 ± 0.8 vs 6.1 ± 1.0 l/s with sm, ffpm and nm, respectively; p = 0.001; peak expiratory flow: 8.7 ± 1.4 vs 7.5 ± 1.1 vs 9.7 ± 1.6 l/s; p < 0.001). The maximum power was 269 ± 45, 263 ± 42 and 277 ± 46 W with sm, ffpm and nm, respectively; p = 0.002; the ventilation was significantly reduced with both face masks (131 ± 28 vs 114 ± 23 vs 99 ± 19 l/m; p < 0.001). Peak blood lactate response was reduced with mask. Cardiac output was similar with and without mask. Participants reported consistent and marked discomfort wearing the masks, especially ffpm.

Conclusion

Medical face masks have a marked negative impact on cardiopulmonary capacity that significantly impairs strenuous physical and occupational activities. In addition, medical masks significantly impair the quality of life of their wearer.

These effects have to be considered versus the potential protective effects of face masks on viral transmissions. The quantitative data of this study may, therefore, inform medical recommendations and policy makers.

Then there’s plenty of other evidence like nurses and even doctors speaking out about all of it…

There is also a little something called Acidosis, which happens when an excess amount of C02 is built up in the body.

respiratory_acidosis1341591056051

Here’s a nurse speaking out about this condition and masks in general.

2 Likes

Love it :+1: I just posted something on masks as well and completely forgot acidosis. The more Oxygen in your body the more your body is in a alkaline state. The more CO2 the more Acidic your body will be.

Well layed out

1 Like

© Copyright 2020 ParentOfSociety, Inc. All rights reserved.