Poisons In Natural Products, How To See Through Their Advertising

After having a child, I learned just how important it was to pay attention to the products that we use around and on her. Much as I expected, practically EVERYTHING is completely unfit for application to my daughters skin, and any children anywhere for that matter. For this I will be using Amazon’s #1 seller for baby bubble bath as an example.

Before we get started, I would like to point out that natural does not mean original, and frankly, neither does organic. However organic may be up to 70% better than anything else (maybe).

The product I’ll be analyzing today is called Honest Bubble Bath, from The Honest Co.

Honest Bubble

Here’s a bit of the advertising they use for this product made from supposedly naturally derived ingredients, but there will be plenty of information that should be applied to all products.

Of course they gotta throw in a celebrity (satanist) along with some healthy looking children!

In order to fully grasp the harmful nature of these products, we must first dive into the ingredients list, I will go through them in order. So here’s the list.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Triethyl Citrate, Calcium Gluconate, Citric Acid. *Organic Ingredient

The first ingredient, Water: harmless right?

It’s safe to say that a large majority of the water used in products is flouridated and chlorinated. Some of it may indeed be distilled but even then it’s likely been sitting in plastic containers leeching plastic into it. In some cases the water is actually treated instead of purified, which is essentially just shocking it with a bunch of different chemicals then adding more chemicals to remove the chemicals.

Next up we have…

Lauryl Glucoside.

If you were to do a quick google search of this you’d see a lot of information claiming that its made from a combination of glucose and lauryl alcohol.

The glucose is typically made form genetically modified (GMO) corn. A lot of you may know that most corn is gmo corn, and that it’s bad for you. But do you know why it’s so bad for you?

The reason gmo corn is so common is because it is less resistant to pesticides. Not only that but it actually has a natural pesticides built right in, so when you eat it, your literally eating that natural pesticide!

The toxin, called Bacillus thuringiensis or Bt is intended to kill off insects, the pesticide is supposedly “natural” but it’s not. It’s an artificially inserted pesticide that kills. Nature would never allow this pesticide to enter corn. Logic has it that if it kills the insects, it is also killing humans. According to Natural News, GMO corn fed to rats produced loads of health problems, including infertility and damage to the DNA of embryos and sperm. (1)

The Lauryl Alcohol is typically made from palm kernel oil

Next up, we have another corn made chemical… Decyl Glucoside

Decyl Glucoside is another commonly used chemical in personal care products. It is produced by the reaction of glucose from corn starch with the fatty alcohol decanol which is derived from coconut.

Again, no gmo corn containing products for me!

Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine

This is classified as a synthetic amphoteric surfactant. There has been no studies to determine whether or not it is carcinogenic (causes cancer) or if does anything other than irritate skin. but while I was digging I came across some revealing information

Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine is structurally related to Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB), and this has been studied pretty thoroughly.

Cocamidopropyl Betaine is a very toxic ingredient which has been linked to cancer in animal tests. The biggest danger of using a product with cocamidopropyl betaine is its potential contamination with nitrosamines. Nitrosamines are created when nitrosating agents are combined with amines. Nitrosamines have been identified as one of the most potent classes of carcinogens, having caused cancer in more than 40 different animal species as well as in humans.

That’s enough for me to say no way to this one!

Moving on…

Glycerin

There are two primary manufacturing processes that produce glycerin as a byproduct. The first, and smaller of the two, is the chemical manufacturing process that uses base oils such as palm oil, palm kernel oil, and coconut oil to produce fatty acids and fatty alcohols. The second, and by far the larger, is bio-diesel production which uses these same oils as well as oils such as soy, rapeseed, and olive to produce methyl esters, which in turn can be blended into diesel fuel to produce a bio-diesel product.

Sometimes the two forms of glycerin are distinguised by the names Vegetable Glycerin or just Glycerin on the label. At least 70% of global supply of glycerin comes from the biodiesel industry. Read more about that here.

Seeing how a large portion of Glycerin comes from rapeseed oil, I’ll share this very interesting article on Rapeseed (Canola Oil) that I came across just last night.

Canola comes from the Rapeseed plant, a member of the mustard family, it was genetically engineered and developed in Canada. It should really be named “Rapeseed Oil”. But who would buy that? Doesn’t sound very appealing. So it was given the name “Canola Oil” which stands for “Canadian oil, low acid” or “Canadian Oil”. (2)

It’s insane but I’ll sum it up with this. Canola oil is absolute POISON!

Rapeseed oil was originally used in light industry as a penetrating oil, not for human consumption. The FDA had actually banned it for human consumption in 1956. Later Canadian growers using genetic manipulation involving seed splitting (R.K. Downey, Genetic Control of Fatty Acid Biosnythesis in Rapeseed. Journal of the American Oil Chemists Society, 1964;41:475-478.), came up with new type of rapeseed in the 1970’s that was lower in the toxic erucic acid. A new name was developed for the oil to try and get away from the bad issues tied to rapeseed oil, canola oil. (2)

So a good practice would just be to avoid any product that is manufactured using rapeseed oil, because it is LITERALLY a poison. Even if there’s only a small chance that the glycerin in a particular product could be made from this. Not for me!

Next up we have…

Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender)

Along with the hybrid, this one is a little tricky, but it’s vital to understand. Essential oils are marveled for their medicinal qualities and can be very useful, however they also have their downfalls.

Many different essential oils are endocrine disrupters and can cause hormonal changes, especially when they are used on children.

Persistent exposure to lavender products is associated with premature breast development in girls, according to new research by NIEHS scientists. The findings also reveal that chemicals in lavender oil and tea tree oil are potential endocrine disruptors with varying effects on receptors for two hormones — estrogen and androgen (3)

It’s no wonder that there are so much gender confusion in the world, when every damn product has essential oils in them!

"These findings demonstrated that the two oils can have hormonal-like effects for estrogen and testosterone in the body,” (3)

Another very important thing to realize when talking about essential oils, and really any product that is a concentrated version of something else is that most aren’t typically made like they used to be. That is by pressing them and collecting the oil or using steam distillation.

Instead it can be done by using solvents such as hexane or alcohol.

Hexane is another absolute poison. This is commonly used to obtain things like soy protein isolate which is very common in vegan burgers. Another thing to stay away from!

So i’ll just stick to using these potent chemicals when I absolutely need them, when the pros outweigh the cons. Not just because it would smell good in a bath.

Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein

This sounds alright, because We’ve all probably experienced the advertisements touting jojoba as wonderful. Again this is just another case of the original being beneficial, then it becoming saturated in poisons.

This took me some time to understand what was being used to hydrolyze this protein. It basically boils down to this. The original protein is islolated using some method, which is usually with one of many chemical solvents, and then this isolate (Jojoba Protein in this case) is mixed with something to break it down. Things that are commonly used are hydrochloric acid, enzymes from living things. (4)

Most of the enzymes used for protein hydrolysis are from animal sources (such as pancreatin and pepsin), plant sources (such as papain from papaya, ficin from fig, and bromelain from pineapple), and microbial sources (such as Alcalase).

Pancreatin is made in the pancreas, and it is usually sourced from pigs, but can also be sourced from saliva of a human or another mammal. (5)

Pepsin is made in the stomach. Commercial pepsin is extracted from the glandular layer of hog stomachs. (6)

So they take extrac the protein, then subject it to either chemicals, enzymes, or bacteria, they digest it, and then they put it in your bubble bath. The claim is that after digestion (hydrolization) the nutrients are easier to digest. But it would seem to me that the benefits would be gone because it was not in the form that nature intended, so it’s probably useless at this point.

Plant Extracts

There are a lot of them in this product, but for both of our sake I will just say this about all of them.

They are all typically made using chemical solvents, most of the time carcinogenic solvents. While some of them may be extracted in a healthy manner, most of them are probably not. Better to avoid them.

YES, even in organic labeled ingredients.

The requirement is that only 70% of the ingredients need to be organic, for a product to be labeled organic, and even then not ALL ingredients need to be organic. A better way to word organic it would be, original as nature intended, however they don’t want original.

Triethyl Citrate

This is made my fermenting ethanol with citric acid.

Citric Acid is typically made by a process in which Aspergillus niger (a fungus) is fed a cheap form of sugar with the majority coming from gmo corn. (7)

It causes a disease called “black mold” on certain fruits and vegetables such as grapes, apricots, onions, and peanuts, and is a common contaminant of food. It is ubiquitous in soil and is commonly reported from indoor environments, where its black colonies can be confused with those of Stachybotrys (species of which have also been called “black mold”). (8)

Yes, you read that correctly. Practically ALL citric acid today comes from the same fungus that is BLACK MOLD.

I don’t know about you but this was a wake up call for me. I had known that citric acid wasn’t good for you, but I had no idea it was made by black mold. Regardless of how pure they say it is, I’m gonna avoid it like the plague.

Last up we have…

Calcium Gluconate

This is typically made using a process of electrolysis, in a solution of bromide and calcium carbonate.

Bromide is highly toxic, and a very well documented poison. It is used as a pesticide and to make things like brominated vegetable oil, which is used in citrus flavored products (mountain dew, gatorade) banned in most countries but still allowed in the united states.

Definitely another thing that I wouldn’t want to put on my skin let alone my child.

So to sum it all up…

Honest my ass!

Just another example on why we shouldn’t be buying anything from any commercial source, especially not one that has a billion products sitting in every amazon warehouse in the country (world?).

I am going to continue making the things that I use on my body, and continue making more things in the future. This is one of the reasons why it’s so important for everyone to be growing their own food, medicine, and using them to create the products they need.

Yes, it’ll take some work, but I can’t imagine the stuff that’ll be commonplace for a consumer in 10 years if things don’t change and people start saying NO.

The most powerful word in the universe is NO, start using it when faced with tyranny or satanism!

References:

(1) https://www.happypreppers.com/GMO-corn.html

(2) https://www.cookinggodsway.com/canola-oil-healthy-oil-or-pesticide/

(3) https://factor.niehs.nih.gov/2019/9/feature/3-feature-lavender/index.htm

(4) https://www.researchgate.net/post/Can_anyone_recommend_a_simple_procedure_of_protein_hydrolysis_for_the_analysis_of_amino_acids_in_vegetable_fruit_or_milk_samples

(5) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancreatic_enzymes_(medication)

(6) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsin

(7) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_acid

(8) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergillus_niger

2 Likes

Thanks for the time you put in on outsourcing this information. For some it sure as hell should be a wake up call. I once did this with a shampoo, but only along the lines of toxicity and warnings associated with each substance. Then already had 2 pages full of warnings of irritation, water pollution hazards, etc. And that’s not even looking at the byproducts and where these substances come from.

2 Likes

Yes I will say as well , thanks for all the research you do to help protect the babies Exsp. I screensgot. The one Description of Bromide.
To show my daughter who has been poisoning her gut everyday with mountain dew for years. Maybw this, will make her stop

1 Like

No problem!

It definitely took a while, but I think it was necessary to hopefully wake people up to what they are putting on themselves, and their children!

@Pmugridge Hopefully she’ll stop, but I wouldn’t count on it. It seems some people have to learn on their own. Maybe this will help though.

I had heard good and bad things about it. I had heard it wasn’t that great so to speak but I never got an answer why. Thanks for that! When you’re pregnant and get the free gift bags from Target, Walmart, etc Honest baby is in every single one! Or at least the ones I got did.

1 Like

The most important thing to realize is that these ingredients are very common and many of them can be found in practically all products…

That’s crazy that they give it away free like that. I wonder how much Jessica Alba had to pay for that one. I think it would probably be safe to say that anything that’s free isn’t a good thing.

After all…

It it’s free, you’re the product!

Do you have any recipes for making Shampoo, Soap , Laundry Liquid .
I have Vinegar and Sodium Bicarbonate(Baking Soda) with me.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I wanted to make sure I had an answer before replying.

I really haven’t took a dive into the homemade shampoo world yet, I just use real soap for my whole body. Real soap is considered, something made with oils and lye. But I asked this question on Twitter and someone recommended these two products. They’re easily findable with a Google search.

Zum clean brand laundry soap, and Jason brand jojoba and castor oil shampoo

The shampoo still uses synthetic surfactants but after a little more research I was able to uncover a natural alternative.

It’s called Saponin. It’s extracted from plants like soapwort and in things like soapberries and soapnuts. There’s a recipe here, which describes how to extract the soap and make it into a shampoo. However you need more materials.

As far as I’m aware, this is the only option if you want something that resembles shampoo that is truly non toxic 100%.

This spring I’ll be growing some soapwort so I can make my own stuff and will likely end up selling some if I have enough room on our property.

I know you can buy some soap nuts on Amazon and probably eBay too, and you could just throw those in with your laundry and they’ll last a few washes, but they’re pretty expensive. So the best option would be to grow some plants that contain Saponin and make your own.

However I know this won’t be possible for most.

© Copyright 2020 ParentOfSociety, Inc. All rights reserved.